Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good thing we're Orthodox

...Or it would be a really unhappy Easter. As it is, I hope Mom had a happy birthday today.

Our tiger cat Chirpy got hit by a car at the corner of Star Alley and Walnut Street, 1/2 block from our house. Looks like she took a hit to the head so she didn't suffer. We just finished burying her 15 minutes ago. Bob started the hole by our plum tree, Anne finished it, laid Chirpy in the hole, covered her in fallen petals from the blooming bush in the next yard, and some dried grass from our attempts at digging garden plots. Then Bob filled in the hole and replaced the sod.

In spite of being adults, Rachel and Anne are heartbroken. Maria seems to be taking it in stride. "Grandpa has another kitty to play with now."

The girls plan to buy flowers on Monday to place on the grave.

Me, I'll miss her.

3 comments:

  1. T_T Poor Chirpy! RIP

    Yeah I just cry later mom. Not until much later and get what needs to done 1st.

    You know me. She has other animal friends there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the poor kitty. I unfortunately know how it is to lose a beloved animal and would never wish that on anyone... especially when the way the animal goes is unexpected and traumatic. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't get to the flowers yet. We bought a kit to make a cast concrete patio stone for a memorial. It's got to quit raining first....but then the rain will wash the corner clean where she died.

    The girls also want to buy a plush toy animal that resembles her, and put her collar on it. I'm paying more attention to Terra and Zack too. Haru still doesn't sit still for me petting her unless her nose is buried in the food bowl, or one of the girls is holding her. Ditto for Neku. I can allow him his space as long as one kitty returns my affections.

    ReplyDelete