Monday, February 9, 2009

Fire in Coatesville, take 3 (for me)

Scuttlebutt in the comments under the Daily Local News article on last Tuesday's fire suggested they might have a 'person of interest' under interrogation. A more concrete finding is the shoeprint taken from my neighbor's back yard.

However, more 'persons of interest' need to be tipped on and taken in: another fire last Friday destroyed a mobile home in East Fallowfield township on the south edge of South Coatesville. No injuries, thank God.

I talked to my neighbor today and confirmed two things: one, that someone was sleeping in the back room when it was torched, her ex-husband. They have a truce concerning his visits to the Coatesville VA hospital when he's sick, so he can stay in town. There are no motels close by. And two, I must have been the first one to call in the fire. She said I had her address off by two digits, and I labeled its flash point the back porch when it was the back wall. Hey, I was looking off my back porch into the smoke.

Thank you, Lord, That they are alive, safe, and still have the house.

Wednesday Bob shoveled the walk on the north side of the house....and noticed prints going as far as the doghouse for the cats on the back porch, and returning the way they came. Was it the pyromaniac? Did he/she see the neighbor's yard light? Think the 'cat'house contained a dog? Notice the light was on in the kitchen?

Or be repulsed by the hands of the guardian angel? We could use Gen. Archangel Frightful Michael on this watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment