Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memory Eternal (sorry I'm late, Dad)

In memoriam: Vernon Lydens, 5/28/1932 - 11/30/2003. Memory Eternal. Also for Adrian Lydens, 10/16?/1889 - 5/30/1957. (My dad's 25th birthday was spoiled by losing his father.)

Why late: Auditions for the quiz show Jeopardy! in Washington, D.C. After that, Bob and I went to all the memorials on The Mall. We made sure to see the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial(s), and the Korean Veterans Memorial. They're clustered together on the west end of The Mall.

More on this later.... my bum knee is killing me from all this walking!! Someone there has Segway tours; how about Arthritic Senior Citizen Scooter tours?? Bob wound up the next day pushing me through the Smithsonian Castle, Museum of the American Indian, and the Air and Space Museum in a wheelchair. :)

2 comments:

  1. I saw your message on Muskegon County Graveyard Rabbit's blog and thought this would be the best place to reply to ensure you get it.

    I work at the Lakeshore Museum Center (I am currently working on a Cemetery tour of Bear Lake Cemetery) and we have the Cemetery Record Books as part of our archives. I have the plot number in Oakwood (Holton) Cemetery for Dudley, Susan, William and Julia Winters as Block 17. The problem is that there is no map in the book we have, so you may have to contact Holton Twp. to get more information.

    Hope this helps!
    jackie@lakeshoremuseum.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the name confusion...had to post under my husband's account.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete