Thursday, May 7, 2009

This one's for Tom

I got your Mother's Day card today. Thank you. Maria's already looking at the cds and the copy of your diploma is cool - only I thought you got the credits jammed through for an Associate of Science, rather than an Associate of Arts. Sounds like someone at Saddleback College told you to take the money and run.

Too bad about Cal State Long Beach freezing transfer acceptance because of the budget crunch. Dad got a token raise in his pension. But if they start biting into it there will be protests to Gohvenuh Ahhnold for sure. Go CSUF Titans.

Cousin Ray Lydens (Gord's brother) called me yesterday after a lot of email exchange. He's got a page on classmates.com, which is how I found him. Aunt Grace (sis) called me today to say her phone is on the fritz and Ma Bell is coming out. She and her family will be taking the paratransit bus to a restaurant and a movie on Saturday. (for anyone else reading this, it's her 54th birthday.) The restaurant they chose is 1 block from the theater so they can roll her to it. They haven't decided on Wolverine or Star Trek yet. Grandpa Vernon (my dad) would have loved both.

She made me think of the last time I saw Grandpa, when I called him Professor X. He didn't know X-Men characters so I had to explain. "Professor X is in a wheelchair, reads your mind, and kicks your butt when you're bad. And he's portrayed by Patrick Stewart of Star Trek Next Generation." He got it then. Grandpa loved a good sci-fi or fantasy story.

Looks like you had fun with Brittany at Disneyland.

Do we want a charger for Anne's phone? YES YES YES YES YES YES I thought I was going to take the cover off the transformer plug and splice the wires into it, and I found the cover is held on by stinking tri-wing screws, like the one on the iron. Radio Shock wants $30 for a universal charger. Anne said stick it. I say tell me how much it weighs for paying the postage. Grandma Jean (my mom) loves it when I run a 3 ring circus call with Aunt Grace.

Your sisters say hi. Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment